by Dan Rosier
BACK ROW SHOW BANDITS!!!
Week 9 was great, wasn’t it! Any time you can get Joe Flacco on the podium hammering the elementary play calling Denver has spewed week after week is just super.
We saw a few teams make some trades this week, like Kenyan Drake to Arizona. And we have seen a few moved to the IR (like Flacco) and look done for the year. And we saw some veterans benched (like Case Keenum) as Dwayne Haskins takes over. And then there was the Bengals, that found a way to kill off a veteran like Andy Dalton, who had some choice words for the organization after not allowing him time to work out a move elsewhere as it was playing out.
It’s been an interesting week to say the least!
So how does your #fantasyimpact look this week?
David Montgomery had himself a day but now gets a stout Eagles team in front of him. The Eagles have been getting hammered through the air, so start-up Allen Robinson and Mitch Trubisky, Taylor Gabriel if healthy could be a surprise play this week.
The last time we saw Washington they were getting gashed on the ground, and Devin Singletary has started to see more of the snaps. He could be a breakout candidate this week also.
Robby Anderson is going off this week against Miami. That is all on this matter.
Tampa at Seattle could be a massive points game. I love Chris Godwin in this game, but with Josh Gordon’s arrival after being claimed off waivers by the Seahawks this week could light a bigger fire underneath D.K. Metcalf, I am looking forward to seeing what he has installed for us this week.
I think as much as Tra Carson was involved last week, I think Ty Johnson will work in more than he did last week against the Giants. Paul Perkins was moved back to the practice squad and they didn’t bring a new face in. I think they were holding him back in case they saw a need to make a move. I’m playing him against the Raiders where I can.
Daniel Jones, for the first time this year, gets his full assembly of players in front of him which he will need as they get Dallas in Monday Night Football. I’m calling for an upset and for Darius Slayton to go ham again.
I’m starting Cam Brate this week. Weird right? Well, Seattle gives up the fourth-most points to the Tight End position, and in a game where they could be trailing frequently, I can imagine Brate factoring into the game plan even more so, considering O.J. howard has been ruled out already..
2. Anyone whose name isn’t Nick Chubb in the Denver/Cleveland matchup. No thanks.
3. Josh Reynolds popped for 70-odd yards and a touchdown in the absence of Brandin Cooks last week. The Rams are on the Bye this week, so he could be a quiet pick up this week if we hear more about Cooks having any more time off.
LINE AND SPREAD -
(Via our friends at mybookie.ag, of course)
I’ll take Denver (-4) with the ‘unders’ (o/u39) at home to Cleveland. I don’t see much going on, especially with Joe Flacco out for the Broncos.
2. I’ll also take the ‘unders’ (o/u 42.5) and the Titans (+3.5) in their matchup with Carolina. I think it could be a cagey affair and I think they will surprise a few with an upset win here.
3. If I’m hammering the ‘overs’ (o/u 53) it is Tampa at Seattle (-5.5), who at home should take this with ease. All receivers in this one could go off. I can see some surprise outcomes also (like Brate contributing as previously mentioned earlier).
(Via our friends at Draft Kings, but you knew that!)
Jason Witten is playing the Giants. And as your resident Giants fan, I can tell you that I hate this (twice a year to be honest). If you are playing the Monday slate, plug him in there.
2. Philadelphia, Houston, and the Giants are giving up the most points per game to wide receivers, you can stack Allen Robinson ($6800), Michael Gallup ($6300) and Marvin Jones ($600) are guys who won’t break your wage structure and allow you to build elsewhere.
3. Detroit is giving up the third-most points to running backs this year and the most receiving touchdowns to the position also. Josh Jacobs is in a smash spot this week coming in at just $6500.
And there you have it!
Make sure you check in with the podcast this week which will be jam-packed full of IDP, Dynasty, and Redraft goodness and when you do download the episode - make sure you subscribe, rate, review and share! Shout out to draftkings.com, and Mybookie.ag for the stats and numbers for this week's article!